Western Australia Term and Holiday Dates 2016 For most schools in WA.
Students (Primary & Secondary)
|Term 1||Monday 1 February - Friday 8 April||Thursday 28 January - Friday 8 April|
|Break||Saturday 9 April - Monday 25 April||Saturday 9 April - Monday 25 April|
|Term 2||Tuesday 26 April - Friday 1 July||Tuesday 26 April - Friday 1 July|
|Break||Saturday 2 July - Sunday 17 July||Saturday 2 July - Sunday 17 July|
|Term 3||Monday 18 July - Friday 23 September||Monday 18 July - Friday 23 September|
|Break||Saturday 24 September - Sunday 9 October||Saturday 24 September - Sunday 9 October|
|Term 4||Monday 10 October - Thursday 15 December||Monday 10 October - Friday 16 December|
Note: A Department term dates calendar for 2016 can not be provided as each public school develops its own calendar.
Please contact your school directly for more information about its specific dates, including school development ('pupil free') days.
- All students start the school year on Monday 1 February and end the school year on Thursday 15 December.
- There are seven school development days where students do not attend:
- Two of these days are before the school year starts for students and one day is after the school year ends for students.
- Each school schedules another four days throughout the year in consultation with its school council/board and school community.
- Independent Public Schools have the flexibility to trade-off school development days (except Thursday 28 January and Friday 29 January). All other schools have the flexibility to trade-off the last school development day of the school year (Friday 16 December). Teachers should confirm arrangements for their school development days with the school.
- Schools are not required to open on Easter Tuesday 29 March. However, country schools may open on this day and substitute another day for local agricultural shows with approval of school councils/boards and regional executive directors.
- Source: det.wa.edu.au